“Jamia-tul-Madinah” (also spelled Jamia-tul-Madina) is the Muslim seminary system established by Dawat-e-Islami. Some term it as an Islamic University. Jamia-tul-Madinah teaches the traditional Islamic sciences known as Dars-e-Nizami – this course spans over several years in which students are taught in-depth knowledge of Quran, Hadith, Usool-e-Hadith, Aqeedah, Fiqh, Usool-e-Fiqh, Sarf, Nahw, Arabic Literature, Balaghah, Islamic history and much more.
Ameer-e-AhleSunnat’s affinity towards religious knowledge and passion to promote scholarly learning resulted in the establishment of the first branch of “Jamia-tul-Madinah” in the area of Ghodra Colony, New Karachi above the branch of Madrasa-tul-Madinah in Bab-ul-Madinah Karachi, Pakistan.
It was initiated with only three teachers teaching the Alim program. However, within three years, the place reached maximum capacity due to the excessive enrollment of students. In 1998, a second location for Jamia-tul-Madinah was established in Gulistan-e-Johar at Masjid Faizan-e-Usman. During this time, Part-Time Evening classes were also established in Sabz Market, Karachi.
Now about 525 branches of Jamia-tul-Madinah are established around the world with branches in Pakistan, India, United Kingdom, South Africa, Nepal, and Kenya. At Jamia-tul-Madinah more than 41,000 students are illuminating their hearts with the sacred knowledge and studying to become ordained Islamic scholars.
Purpose of Jamia-tul-Madinah
- To please Allah and his Messenger
صَلَّی اللہُ تَعَالٰی عَلَیْہِ وَاٰلِہٖ وَسَلَّمَ
- Ala Hazrat Imam Ahmed Raza Khan has stated; “It is Fard-e-Kifaya [communally obligatory] for an area to have an Alim [Muslim scholar]”. Jamia-tul-Madinah is established to produce such ordained scholars who can preach the Message of Islam all over the world.
- To provide scholar who can be involved in every department of Dawat-e-Islami’s righteous work.
- To publish and provide Islamic knowledge to all Muslims.
- To train strong Scholars to fulfill the Madani Mission; “I want to rectify myself and people of the whole world”
- To impart the mindset to safeguard and protect faith.
- To impart basic obligatory knowledge
- To establish that Islamic rulings are to be followed in every type of organizational, managerial, educational sphere; in all activities and all dealings.
- To provide students with educational, moral and spiritual training, while engendering the spirit of Muslim brotherhood and well-wishing for others.
- To improve the community.